Children climbed up into fire engines parked on Harris Street and inspected equipment on the trucks and in the ambulances. Firefighter Kevin Dillen provided fire safety lessons in the “smoke house,” a trailer designed like a miniature house. After Dillen’s lessons, smoke poured into the trailer and kids escaped out a window, where firefighter Jimmy Clark helped them down to safety.
A future firefighter or two may have begun unofficial on-the-job training Sunday at the Saline Area Fire Department Open House.
· 10% off Rec Center memberships*
· Free use of the facility all day
· Free fitness classes
· Free equipment orientations
· Free fun inflatables for the kids
· Family fun zone
· Open swim with diving board, floating toys, inflatable pirate ship and inflatable turtle
· Game room with table tennis and air hockey