07/02/2014 - 03:04
The Saline Celtic Festival – recently voted “Most Family-Friendly Festival” in Ann Arbor Family Magazine – will be held July 11-12, at Mill Pond Park on West Bennett Street.
- A “Saline ShamRocks the Park” community party – a prelude to the July 12 festival – will be held Friday, July 11, at Mill Pond Park, featuring the Celtic band Barleyjuice from 6:30 to 9 p.m., and 80s retro band The Square Pegz from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., as well as an authentic Irish jam Seisun, an Irish Ceili dance, and an English Country/Contra Dance. The gates will open at 5 p.m., and close at midnight. Admission is $5.
- The gates at Mill Pond Park will open at 8 a.m. on Saturday, July 12, with opening ceremonies at 11 a.m. Activities will run all day until midnight.
- Musicians include RUNA, Jeremy Kittel Band, Prydein, Barleyjuice, Finvarra’s Wren, Fiddlers Restrung, Chelsea House Orchestra, Ann Arbor Celtic Harpers, Celtic Connections and Celtic Jam.
- Other festival activities include music and dance, children’s events, Millie the Mill Pond Monster, jousting, living history re-enactors, falconry and sheepherding demonstrations, Highland Athletics, pipe bands, Highland dance competitions, textile arts, Mastodon Celtic Challenge and crowd participation events, merchant village, food and drink, including Michigan craft beers.
- Tickets at the gate on Saturday are $15 for adults; $5 for ages 13-17; free for children 12 and under, seniors, and active military.
- Tickets at www.salinecelticfestival.org are $10 for adults; sales will close at 12 p.m. July 11. All tickets purchased online will be held at the festival gate at “Will Call.”
- Group sales of 10 tickets are $80.
- Pre-event tickets will also be available for $10 for adults at Saline City Hall, 100 N. Harris St., the week of the festival.
- No pets allowed.
- Handicap parking is available at the old Houghton Elementary School near Mill Pond Park.
- Parking will be at Saline Middle School, Liberty School, and in city parking lots on Henry Street, East McKay, and North Ann Arbor-Saline Road.
- Free shuttle buses will run between the parking areas and Mill Pond Park continuously on Saturday.
- For complete information on festival events, visit www.salinecelticfestival.org.