Saline Firefighters Assist in Milan Blaze

Local News Needs Your Support

Donation Options

 11/29/2012 - 10:07

Some family members were sent to hospital to be treated for injuries as a result of a blaze last night in downtown Milan, according to the Monroe Evening News.

The Saline Area Fire Department was dispatched to Milan to provide mutual aid at 11:28 p.m., joining firefighters from Milan, Pittsfield and London. The fire broke out on the second floor apartment in the old laundromat building at 29 W. Main St.,  forcing two adults and four children from their home, according to the Monroe Evening News.

Firefighters were able to minimize damage to the neighboring building that houses Milan Floral.

Firefighters were on the scene until 3:30 a.m.

Milan City Council member Michael Armitage thanked the firefighters for their work.

"The damage that occurred is a horrible loss, but we can be thankful that it didn't spread further. Because of our firefighters, it sounds like Milan Floral escaped damage," Armitage said.

 

Tran Longmoore's picture
Tran Longmoore
Tran Longmoore is a veteran community journalist. He is founder and owner of TheSalinePost.com. He is co-publisher of The Saline Post weekly newspaper. Email him at [email protected] or call him at 734-272-6294.

Follow the author on         or visit   Personal Blog