Fresh off the success of a rocking Oktoberfest event, Saline Main Street is preparing for more fun downtown.
Ladies Night Out takes place from 3 to 9 p.m. next Thursday in downtown Saline.
Anne Brandon, owner of the Bling Thing and co-chair of the event, said Saline Main Street is breathing new life into the event, started a few years ago by the old Saline Downtown Merchants Association.
As always, downtown businesses and restaurants are offering specials and giving away freebies and samples to create a festive atmosphere. But Saline Main Street is touching up the event in an effort to make Ladies Night Out more inclusive and more interesting. Walt and Nancy Byers are opening the newly renovated Stone Arch Arts & Events (117 S. Ann Arbor St.) for a vendor show.
“It allows us to include more businesses and organizations in Ladies Night Out. And it gives the ladies more places to go and more things to explore,” Brandon said. “Walt and Nancy Byers were so kind to donate the space.”
The first 100 women who visit Stone Arch Arts & Events will receive a free pink tote bag.
Saline Main Street loves to throw a party, and Brandon said that the expansion into Stone Arch is just a small example of what's to come.
“Eventually, we want to make this a big party where we shut down South Ann Arbor Street and we have music and people are walking around having a great time,” Brandon said.
Saline Main Street and local businesses using the event to assist a Saline family in need. Brandon said Saline Area Social Service director Don Dersnah told Ladies Night Out organizers about a local family struggling to keep up with bills as they deal with a serious health issue.
“There's a mom with a kid in Saline schools who is having trouble just paying for gas to get to chemotherapy. We want to help her,” Brandon said.
Local businesses have already donated more than $1,000 worth of goods and certificates for a basket that will be raffled off during Ladies Night Out. All of the proceeds will be donated straight to the family, Brandon said. Tickets will be available at some downtown stores and volunteers will be out selling tickets during the event.
Here are some of the in-store specials, as listed on the Saline Main Street website.
- Pineapple House – Specials & Refreshements – Local Jewelry Artist – Special Discounts on PINK items – New Vera Bradley Holiday Gift Groupings
- The ReSale Boutique – Open 12-9pm, New arrivals of the latest collections of jewelry & accessories for Fall 2013, Storewide sale and refreshments
- Reincarnations ReSale – Open until 9pm. Dealer specials – Hoola Jewelry Consultant
- Mac’s Acadian Seafood – $3.00 Well Martinis off the special list – $3.00 house wines – free mussel appetizers and half all other appetizers. Anyone coming in with their pink tote bag gets a $10 coupon for next visit
- My Favorite Café – $1.50 small cider, $2.50 small spicy chai, $2.00 small hot chocolate, $3.00 medium pumpkin latte
- Cobblestone Rose – Raffle for $150 gift basket – specials and refreshments
- Mangiamo Italian Grill – $5.00 Cherry Bomb Lemonade, Cosmos & Buy 1 get 1 half off appetizers, free scoop of ice cream with a dessert purchase
- Brecon Grill – $5 martinis, Happy Hour all night – By the Minute Massage, Margaret Bagby
- Dan’s Downtown Tavern – 1/2 off appetizers. $3.50 well drinks $2.25 domestic bottles $3.50 wine by the glass $5.00 frozen drinks, mojitos etc
Here are some of the the businesses and organizations who will be at Stone Arch.
- Saline Main Street – Learn about who we are, what we do and how you can get involved!
- Stone Arch Arts & Events – Learn about rental space for showers, weddings etc.
- Hair’s Everything – Check out the “blow-outs”
- The Bling Thing – Fun and unusual gift and clothing items on sale
- Arbonne – products and items for sale
- Saline Rotary – Learn About Women in Rotary
- 212 Arts Center – Learn about the classes and activities that will tickle your creative side
- Ginger Winter – Mary Kay
- Oxygen Plus – Who we are and what we can do for you