Residents are invited to join the Saline community’s fight against cancer at a series of Relay for Life events Saturday at Henne Field, 105 E. Bennett St., in Saline.
Here’s a list of the events:
Run For Your Life 5K
The third annual Run for Your Life 5K begins at 9 a.m.
Participants can register on site starting at 8 a.m.
Runners have an hour to complete the course before they’re have to complete the course using sidewalks.
Bark for Life
People are invited to bring their dog to Henne Field at 11 a.m. for a series of events and activities including:
- Costume contest
- Tennis ball dive
- Agility course
- Kissing booth
The cost is $20 for one dog and $25 for two dogs. Bark for Life registration begins at 10:30 a.m.
Rely for Life
Relay for Life is no longer a 24-hour event. Once again, it’s being held at Henne Field.
Here’s the schedule of events:
- 4 p.m. – Opening ceremony (Speakers include Mayor Marl, survivor Heather Feldkamp and Dr. Ramdane Harouaka)
- 5 p.m. – Survivors Lap.
- 5 p.m. -- Health and Wellness tent opens
- 5 p.m. – Survivor and Caregiver reception begins
- 5 p.m. – Working with Applied Fitness Solutions
- 5:45 p.m. – Celebrity Dodgeball
- 6 p.m. – Live music
- 8 p.m. – Live music by Sarah Price
- 8:45 p.m. -- Luminaria Ceremony, a memorial service for those who died.
- 9:30 p.m. – Closing ceremony
So far, Relayers have raised $23,952.94 for the American Cancer Society’s fight against cancer.