- Position Type:
High School Teaching/English
- Date Posted:
Saline High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Saline Area Schools - website
- SECONDARY ENGLISH TEACHING POSITION SUMMARY:
The secondary English Language Arts / Speech teacher is responsible for the instructional program and implementation of activities for secondary English Language Arts / Speech students within Saline Area Schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ( Other duties may be assigned.)
- Provides and coordinates the instructional program for students in the assigned area of responsibility, evaluates results on a continuous basis.
- Assesses students’ achievement and develops instructional strategies to meet individual educational needs of students in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of students, considering such factors as physical, emotional and educational levels of development.
- Participates as a part of Individualized Education Program Team (IEPT) meetings when necessary. Assists in the development and implementation of student IEP goals and instruction based on individual student needs.
- Works cooperatively and communicates with District and constituent district staff, students and parents/guardians.
- Maintains accurate attendance records and appropriate reports.
- Participates in District level staff meetings, in-service activities, staff development/special programs, school improvement teams and planning committees as appropriate to the assignment.
- Regularly document student progress using assessment tools, monitoring through observations/evaluation and/or collecting data. Uses student progress data to improve instruction.
- Supervises and implements instruction for students in class and in the community; directs the activities of teacher assistants in all areas of instruction as well as other activities.
- Maintains accurate records in a manner consistent with state and federal law as required by the District.
- Establishes and maintains open communications with parents, staff, administration and outside agencies.
- Adheres to District health and safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Monitors student needs and implement programs.
- Exhibits emotional stability, exercises good judgment and makes decisions in accordance with board policies and administrative guidelines, with minimum supervision.
- Performs such other tasks as may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
- Exemplary, regular and predictable attendance is essential for this position.
Directs Teaching Assistant(s) / Paraeducators and general education staff on a day-to-day basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Alternative requirements that may be appropriate and acceptable to the Board of Education may be considered. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Valid Secondary Michigan Teaching Certificate required.
- Endorsement in English (BA) required. Secondary endorsement in Speech (BD) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated successful student teaching experience required.
- Possess experience with computer instruction and technology.
- Possess the skills and desire to work in a collaborative team with others
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the teacher's role in a team environment.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
27/08/2017 (6 days)