Saline Middle School
Hours: Approximately 7:35 AM - 3:05 PM
Wage: $12.75 - $13.02 depending upon experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Nine (9) Paid Holidays & State of Michigan Pension
To assist teachers in providing instructional and/or custodial support and to help equip all students with the knowledge, proficiency and personal skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly complex society.
Principal and co-operating teacher(s) to whom the paraeducator is assigned.
- Has a minimum of 60 post secondary credits or otherwise meets Highly Qualified status.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certification preferred.
- CPI Training / Certification preferred.
- Exemplary, regular and predictable attendance is essential.
- Under the guidance of special education and classroom teachers, support the implementation of the instructional program and adapt curriculum and instructional techniques specific to the needs of individual students.
- Collect student data to assist teachers in monitoring student progress. Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law, district policy and teacher or administrative request. Complete and submit reports on time.
- Perform duties necessary to support students who need assistance with daily life/health related activities as assigned by the case manager or teacher.
- Maintain clear and complete communication with the case manager and teacher.
- Respect the role of the case manager and teachers as the primary contacts with parents. Communicate directly with parents only to the extent approved by the case manager or teachers. Refer all other questions to the case manager or teachers.
- Support a classroom climate that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the age and maturity of the students. Maintain a safe and secure environment that embodies trust and mutual respect.
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct. Maintain order in a fair and just manner.
- Maintain student confidentiality. Demonstrate a professional demeanor with parents and co-workers.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues. Participate as requested in team or department meetings, IEP meetings, staff meetings, professional development, and/or other committees as appropriate or assigned.
- Strive to maintain an understanding and awareness of pertinent research and practices, and to continuously improve professional competence.
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Terms of Employment:
When school resumes in the fall, employees will work approx. 6.75 hours per day, 5 days per week, (specific hours to be set by employer).
18/01/2018 (1 day)