The Preschool Teacher for Saline Cooperative Preschool is responsible for presenting and implementing a program that meets the developmental needs of the preschool children and for supervising the daily assisting parents within regulations established by the Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services and the by-laws of the Saline Cooperative Preschool.
*Transcripts are used to substantiate the achievement of educational requirements. Credentials must verify:
1. Minimum of 60 semester hours of credit from an accredited college or university.
2. Not fewer than 12 semester hours of credit: Child development, child psychology, or early education
3. A program director shall have been rewarded the child development associate (CDA) credential, awarded by the council for early children professional recognition or similar credential approved by the department and shall have completed not fewer than 12 semester hours in child development, child psychology, or early childhood education at an accredited college or university. Note: The following curriculum are now accepted as being equivalent to the CDA:
A. Michigan 4C School Age Credentialing Program
B. High/Scope Lead Teacher Training Program
Two years prior professional preschool or early elementary level teaching experience. Qualities and skill sets will be indicated with a calm demeanor, alertness, and warm interest in preschoolers; ability to enjoy things that children like, to assign tasks that consider abilities and shortcomings, and to anticipate and prevent acts that precipitate crises; and good oral and written communication skills with parents, daily assisting parents, and the board.
Physical guidelines include ability to communicate effectively and meet the physical requirements of working with preschool age children. Must be able to provide or arrange transportation for oneself.
*Note - This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required.
CRITERIA FOR REVIEW
- The Teacher shall be the Director of the Preschool Education Program
- Teach a maximum of 10 (ten) sessions per week as established in the school calendar
- Establish and maintain the curriculum, including but not limited to, communicating his/her basic preschool philosophy to the membership and presenting a monthly plan of activities and goals in the school's newsletter
- Prepare a lesson plan one month prior to its usage
- Advise the field resource person in the planning and organizing of field trips
- Prepare a file for substitutes which shall be updated monthly and kept on file in the Preschool
- Be available to parents to discuss concerns for their children
- Keep accurate records concerning enrollment, attendance, and withdrawal of children
- Prepare for and conduct individual student conferences a minimum of one time per year
- Report all needs of the Preschool in regards to purchase, replacement, or repairs of the supplies and equipment
- Participate in the Fall and Spring Open Houses
- Attend scheduled General Membership meetings
- Attend monthly board meetings as a nonvoting member of the board.
- Participate in the beginning-of-year set-up, parades, and end-of-year clean-up of classroom
- If possible, attend the Michigan Council of Cooperative Nurseries Spring Conference and/or Huron Valley Council of Cooperative Nurseries Teacher Auxiliary meeting
*All resumes and cover letters must be emailed to: [email protected]*
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20,000.00 to $22,000.00 /year