(The following is from City of Saline Manager Todd Campbell)
The Washtenaw County Health Department has reported Washtenaw County has four presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 as of March 15, 2020. As a result, and to continue efforts to slow the spread of the virus, the City of Saline will close the Saline Municipal Building (Saline City Hall & Police Station) to the public effective immediately – March 15, 2020 through Sunday, April 5. These measures will not impact critical services such as drinking water, wastewater, police, fire and emergency operations.
- City staff will continue to serve the public and conduct City business during normal business hours via phone, email and on-line. The general call-in # for the City of Saline is 734-429-4907. The City’s website address is www.cityofsaline.org.
- The Saline Police Department – If you need police assistance, contact us at 734-429-7911 or 911 for emergencies. Do not come to the Saline Police Department lobby unless directed to do so by a police officer.
- The Saline Recreation Center remains closed through at least April 5, 2020.
- The Saline Board of Review will meet as scheduled – March 16, 18, 20, 2020 (please contact the City Assessor at 734-429-4907, ext. 2208 or email at [email protected]
- All outdoor parks and trails will remain open for general use.
- The weekly Saline Farmers Market will continue to be closed through at least April 4, 2020.
- Most board and commission meetings will be cancelled, so please check the City calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- City Council meetings will take place as needed. Please check the City of Saline website calendar to confirm dates & times of City Council meetings or call City Hall at 734-429-4907. The recycling area located in the City Hall lobby (foyer) will be closed during this time. Additionally, the Big Red Barrel prescription drug drop off will also be suspended until further notice.
- The Saline History and Depot Museum will not be open on Saturdays through April 4th.
- Rentschler Farm remains closed for the season.
- Please check the contact information below for the various City departments.
Here is how you can reach us –
Facebook: City of Saline Government
Nixle: Sign-up at Nixle.com
Todd Campbell, City Manager
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2211
Grants, Human Resources, Insurances
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/ BUILDING & CODE ENFORCEMENT
(734) 429-8296 ext. 2222
Building Services, Code
Enforcement, Planning Commission, Zoning
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2208
Principal Residence Exemption Affidavits, Property Descriptions, Real and Personal Property Assessments
Teresa Royal, Clerk
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2209
City Council, City Records, Elections/Voter
Registration, Fire Records, Oakwood
Mickie Jo Bennett, Treasurer
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2203
Accounts Receivable/Payable, Collections, Finance,
Payroll, Tax & Utility Billing, Website and
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Jeff Fordice, City Engineer/Director
Cemetery Maintenance, Community Events, Engineering, Sanitary
and Storm Sewer Systems, Sidewalks, Solid Waste,
Streets and Parks Maintenance, Street Lights, Water Distribution System
PARKS & RECREATION
Carla Scruggs, Director
(734) 429-3502 ext. 2509
Classes, Parks Commission, Parks and Recreation
Programs, Saline Recreation Center, Special Events,
Police Chief Jerrod Hart
Emergency Management, Parking
Enforcement, Public Safety, Traffic Engineer
SALINE AREA FIRE DEPARTMENT
Fire Chief Craig Hoeft
Fire Services, Fire Prevention, Education,
WATER TREATMENT PLANTS
Steve Wyzgoski, Water & Wastewater Superintendent
Wastewater Treatment and Water Treatment Plants