To combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the entire state of Michigan is under a mandatory “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order. Governor Whitmer signed executive order 2020-42, extending her prior “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order through the end of April.
As with the prior order, Executive Order 2020-42 limits gatherings and travel and requires all workers who are not necessary to sustain or protect life to stay home. Executive Order 2020-42 also imposes more stringent limitations on stores to reduce foot traffic, slow the spread of the coronavirus, and save lives. Please click the link to access Executive Order 2020-42 in its entirety https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499-525173--,00.html
As a result of Governor Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order 2020-42, City of Saline facilities will remain closed at least through May 1, 2020. All non-essential staff will continue working remotely to provide services to Saline residents, at least through Friday, May 1, 2020. The Saline Police Department, Department of Public Works and the Waste Water Treatment Plant & Drinking Water Plant will continue to be staffed. These measures will not impact critical services such as drinking water, waste water, police, fire and emergency operations.
- City staff will continue to serve the public and conduct City business during normal business hours via phone, email and on-line. The general call-in # for the City of Saline is 734-429-4907. The City’s website address is www.cityofsaline.org. Residents are also encouraged to use the City drop boxes located in the City Hall parking lot and municipal parking lot #2.
- The Saline Police Department – If you need police assistance, contact us at 734-429-7911 or 911 for emergencies. Do not come to the Saline Police Department lobby unless directed to do so by a police officer.
- The Saline Recreation Center remains closed through at least May 1, 2020.
- All outdoor parks and trails will remain open for general use. Reminder to follow the Park Do’s and Don’ts click on the link http://cityofsaline.org/?module=Page&sID=parks--rec&cf=Parks
- The weekly Saline Farmers Market will continue to be closed through at least May 2, 2020.
- Most board and commission meetings will be cancelled, so please check the City calendar for the most up-to-date information.
- City Council meetings will take place as virtual meetings. Please check the City of Saline website homepage and calendar to see meeting links and to confirm dates & times of City Council meetings or call City Hall at 734-429-4907. The recycling area located in the City Hall lobby (foyer) remains closed during this time. Additionally, the Big Red Barrel prescription drug drop off will also be suspended until further notice.
- The Saline History and Depot Museum remains closed at least through May 1, 2020.
- Rentschler Farm remains closed for the season.
- Please check the contact information below for the various City departments.
Here is how you can reach us:
Facebook: City of Saline Government
Nixle: Sign-up at Nixle.com
Todd Campbell, City Manager
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2211
General Administration, Grants, Human Resources, Insurances
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT/ BUILDING & CODE ENFORCEMENT
(734) 429-8296 ext. 2222
Building Services, Code Enforcement, Planning Commission, Zoning
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2208
Principal Residence Exemption Affidavits, Property Descriptions, Real & Personal Property Assessments
Teresa Royal, Clerk
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2209
City Council, City Records, Elections/Voter Registration, Fire Records, Oakwood Cemetery, Passports
Mickie Jo Bennett, Treasurer
(734) 429-4907 ext. 2203
Accounts Receivable/Payable, Collections, Finance, Payroll, Tax & Utility Billing, Website and Technology Support
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Jeff Fordice, City Engineer/Director
Cemetery Maintenance, Community Events, Engineering, Sanitary and Storm Sewer Systems, Sidewalks, Solid Waste, Streets and Parks Maintenance, Street Lights, Water Distribution System
PARKS & RECREATION
Carla Scruggs, Director
(734) 429-3502 ext. 2509
Classes, Parks Commission, Parks and Recreation Programs, Saline Recreation Center, Special Events, Youth Council
Police Chief Jerrod Hart
Emergency Management, Parking Enforcement, Public Safety, Traffic Engineer
SALINE AREA FIRE DEPARTMENT
Fire Chief Craig Hoeft
Fire Services, Fire Prevention, Education
WATER TREATMENT PLANTS
Steve Wyzgoski, Water & Wastewater Superintendent
Wastewater Treatment and Water Treatment Plants
For trash, recycling and yard waste questions, please call the DPW at 734-429-5624.