Two more Washtenaw County residents have died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 25, according to Washtenaw County Health Department data released Wednesday.
The county also reported 24 new confirmed cases. There have been 827. Six more hospitalizations were reported, taking the total to 232. There were 21 new recoveries. So far, 318 county residents have recovered.
Of the 24 new cases, three were in Saline's 48176 zip code. There have been now been 49 confirmed cases in the Saline zip code.
Meanwhile, after several days of improved numbers, today's state data looked grim - in part because of new data being counted today. The daily death county was reported at 172 - 19 more than yesterday. But 65 of the new deaths were older deaths that were newly counted as COVID-19 deaths.
Michigan's death toll surpassed 2000, increasing to 2,093.
The number of reported new COVID-19 cases increased by 1,204 to 29,263. Yesterday's daily count was 1,058.
Everyone is at risk for coronavirus and should continue taking every precaution to help slow the spread of illness.
- Stay home.
- Avoid any gatherings.
- Go out only for essentials like food or medicine.
- If you do go out, wear a cloth covering over your nose and mouth and keep a distance of six feet from others.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- If you have symptoms that are getting worse, or if you have shortness of breath, call your physician or healthcare provider.
- If you have emergency symptoms like difficulty breathing, chest pain, or feeling faint, call a hospital emergency department or 9-1-1.