Two more Washtenaw County residents have died from COVID-19, according to data released by the Washtenaw County Health Department today. The virus has now claimed 23 residents of the county.
The number of confirmed cases rose by 34 to 803.
The number of recoveries increased by 73 - bringing the total to 297. The number of hospitalizations increased by 14 to 226. Seven percent of the Washtenaw residents diagnosed with COVID-19 have required treatment in intensive care.
According to zip code data collected by the health department, the number of confirmed cases in Saline's 48176 zip code remained unchanged at 46.
In Michigan, numbers continued their downward trend. There were 1,058 confirmed cases and 153 deaths in the daily report, down from 1,366 and 166 yesterday. The total number of deaths in Michigan is 1,921. The total number of cases is 28,059.
Everyone is at risk for coronavirus and should continue taking every precaution to help slow the spread of illness.
- Stay home.
- Avoid any gatherings.
- Go out only for essentials like food or medicine.
- If you do go out, wear a cloth covering over your nose and mouth and keep a distance of six feet from others.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- If you have symptoms that are getting worse, or if you have shortness of breath, call your physician or healthcare provider.
- If you have emergency symptoms like difficulty breathing, chest pain, or feeling faint, call a hospital emergency department or 9-1-1.