Three more Washtenaw County residents have died from COVID-19, according to Wednesday's Washtenaw County Health Department report.
59 county residents have died as a result of the virus. The county believes another three deaths are likely a result of COVID-19.
The county reported 17 new confirmed cases. The number of confirmed cases in Saline's 48176 zip code remained at 61.
The number of new hospitalizations increased by two to 296. The number of recoveries increased by 83 to 598.
In Michigan, there were 103 new deaths reported, bringing the total to 3,670. The number of new confirmed cases jumped by 1,137 to 40,399.
Everyone is at risk for coronavirus and should, according to the Washtenaw County Health Department, continue taking every precaution to help slow the spread of illness.
- Stay home.
- Avoid any gatherings.
- Go out only for essentials like food or medicine.
- If you do go out, wear a cloth covering over your nose and mouth and keep a distance of six feet from others.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- If you have symptoms that are getting worse, or if you have shortness of breath, call your physician or healthcare provider.
- If you have emergency symptoms like difficulty breathing, chest pain, or feeling faint, call a hospital emergency department or 9-1-1.