The health department reported the death of three more Washtenaw County residents in its daily COVID-19 data release Tuesday afternoon. 21 Washtenaw County residents have lost their lives as a result of COVID-19.
The Washtenaw County Health Department also recorded 41 new confirmed cases, bringing the total to 769. The number of hospitalizations increased by five to 212. Seven percent of the people with confirmed COVID-19 cases have been admitted to intensive care.
The number of recoveries also increased by 33 to 224.
The 41 new cases is only the second time the number of new cases has topped 40 since April 1.
The number of confirmed cases in Saline's 48176 zip code increased by one to 46.
In Michigan, the daily numbers rose. There were 166 deaths, up by 51 from yesterday, raising the total to 1,768, The number of confirmed cases also jumped. There were 1,366 new cases. There have now been 27,001 cases in Michigan.
Everyone is at risk for coronavirus and should continue taking every precaution to help slow the spread of illness.
- Stay home.
- Avoid any gatherings.
- Go out only for essentials like food or medicine.
- If you do go out, wear a cloth covering over your nose and mouth and keep a distance of six feet from others.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- If you have symptoms that are getting worse, or if you have shortness of breath, call your physician or healthcare provider.
- If you have emergency symptoms like difficulty breathing, chest pain, or feeling faint, call a hospital emergency department or 9-1-1.