Another Washtenaw County resident has died due to COVID-19, according to the Washtenaw County Health Department. Data released Tuesday afternoon reported the 56th death in the county.
The health department also reported 28 new confirmed cases after seeing just a handful of cases the previous two days. The number of recoveries increased from 496 to 515 while the number of hospitalizations increased by seven to 294.
The county also listed 220 other probable cases, defined as symptomatic individuals who have been in contact with people with COVID-19 but have not been tested.
There was one additional cased in Saline's 48176 zip code, bringing the number of confirmed cases to 61. There are also five probable cases here.
Michigan reported 160 new deaths - taking the total to 3,567. The state also reported 1,052 new cases, bringing the total to 39,262.
Everyone is at risk for coronavirus and should continue taking every precaution to help slow the spread of illness.
- Stay home.
- Avoid any gatherings.
- Go out only for essentials like food or medicine.
- If you do go out, wear a cloth covering over your nose and mouth and keep a distance of six feet from others.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- If you have symptoms that are getting worse, or if you have shortness of breath, call your physician or healthcare provider.
- If you have emergency symptoms like difficulty breathing, chest pain, or feeling faint, call a hospital emergency department or 9-1-1.