The COVID-19 virus claimed the life of another Washtenaw County resident, according to data released by the Washtenaw County Health Department Friday afternoon. 26 county residents have now died as a result of the coronavirus.
The number of confirmed cases jumped by 31 to 858 while the number of hospitalizations increased by six to 238.
The number of recoveries rose by 18 to 336.
The number of cases in Saline's 48176 zip code increased by four to 53.
In Michigan, there were 134 reported new deaths, taking the total to 2,227. There were 760 cases, bringing the total to 30,023.
According to the CDC, an estimated 33,049 people in the United States have died as a result of COVID-19.
Everyone is at risk for coronavirus and should continue taking every precaution to help slow the spread of illness.
- Stay home.
- Avoid any gatherings.
- Go out only for essentials like food or medicine.
- If you do go out, wear a cloth covering over your nose and mouth and keep a distance of six feet from others.
- Wash your hands well and often.
- If you have symptoms that are getting worse, or if you have shortness of breath, call your physician or healthcare provider.
- If you have emergency symptoms like difficulty breathing, chest pain, or feeling faint, call a hospital emergency department or 9-1-1.