With Michigan now well into Phase 4 (Improving) of the Covid19 epidemic, we are happy to announce that we are now opening up our offices for in-person sessions. Much has gone into the planning of this reopening so that staff and clients alike can remain healthy and safe. All this being said, our offices will be open for some in-person therapy appointments starting June 29th.
While we are so grateful to have been able to continue much of our work online, supporting our clients with video sessions, we are also grateful that for those who can’t be seen online or do not benefit from it as much as they would like, we are now able to offer face to face therapy again, in a safe environment. If you are a current client, your therapist will discuss your options with you or may have already done so. You do not need to change anything that is working for you.
Of course, we know we are not out of the woods yet with COVID19. So, to maximize the health and safety of both our clients and staff, we are proceeding carefully and cautiously as we reopen.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep clients and staff safe:
- Air purifiers in all offices and common areas.
- Hand sanitizer available in offices and common areas.
- Routine cleaning throughout the day, making sure high touch areas are disinfected regularly.
- Staggered scheduling that ensures a limited number of individuals are in our common areas at any one time.
- All staff wearing masks when interacting with clients and while in the common areas of our offices.
- Therapists disinfecting their offices between clients.
- Temperature monitoring and screening questions for staff and clients before entry.
For clients (existing or new) who wish to come in for therapy, this part is for you. To help us get through this new transition, please join us in making sure we all remain safe and healthy as we reopen. Here is what we will be asking of you if you choose to make an in office appointment:
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- Upon your arrival at any of our office locations, please call our dedicated check-in phone number, which will be posted on signs in the parking lot.
- Please allow our staff to take your temperature before you enter the building.
- Please remain in your vehicle until your therapist is ready to see you.
- Please plan not to bring anyone else with you into our office building as our waiting rooms will be temporarily closed.
- Please wear a surgical mask (or better) when you come in for your appointment. If you do not have a mask, please ask and we will provide one for you.
- Please maintain a 6- foot distance between yourself and our staff, as well as anyone else you might encounter in our offices.
- Please let us know if you have an urgent need to use the restroom as these will be temporarily closed.
- If you are sick, think you might be getting sick, or have been in contact with someone who is sick, please stay home. Your therapist may be able to provide an online session instead, or they may reschedule your visit to another time.
- If your visit needs to be cancelled or rescheduled, we still need 24- hour notice, unless it is related to illness.
We know that some of these changes may feel inconvenient, but by following these guidelines, you will all be helping us create a cool spot where everyone feels safe and cared about.
We are so grateful to see some aspects of normal life become possible again, and we are working hard to do our part to keep the disease from spiking again. Thank you for doing your part in the community and in our office. Here’s to continuing to stay safe and well during the months to come!
Smita Nagpal, PhD
Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Director
Maria Karimova, MS, LLP
P.S. Please know that we are currently scheduling new client visits both in person and online. If you need to schedule a new client visit please call us as soon as possible at (734) 944-3446 as spots are limited.