The owners of Maplewood Lanes hope to open for bowling this afternoon after a kitchen fire closed the business Tuesday evening.
The Saline Area Fire Department was dispatched to the bowling alley on the 1500 block of Woodland Drive shortly after 5 p.m.
Saline Fire Chief Craig Hoeft said a fire suppression system in the kitchen extinguished most of the blaze. Some of the flames found their way into a vent that goes to the roof.
“The fire suppression system did it’s job, so the fire damage was minimal. There was some smoke damage,” Hoeft said. “They were fortunate. A grease fire is never good in a restaurant.”
According to a post on the Maplewood Lanes Facebook page, the bowling alley will open this afternoon. They hope to have the bar open in time for the ladies’ league tonight. It’s unclear when the restaurant will open.
Tran Longmoore is a veteran community journalist. He is founder and owner of TheSalinePost.com. He is co-publisher of The Saline Post weekly newspaper. Email him at [email protected] or call him at 734-272-6294.