Saline firefighters prevented a kitchen fire from spreading at Six Trails Apartments Thursday morning.
The Saline Area Fire Department was dispatched the to the 700 block of Valley Circle Drive for an oven fire at 11:42 a.m.
Fire Chief Craig Hoeft said the firefighters used extinguishers to avoid water damage and put out the blaze quickly.
Hoeft said the resident was new to the apartment complex and unfamiliar with the ovens. The resident put pots and pans in a compartment below the oven, unaware that it was a broiler. When the resident fired up the broiler it caused a fire.
Tran Longmoore is a veteran community journalist. He is founder and owner of TheSalinePost.com. He is co-publisher of The Saline Post weekly newspaper. Email him at [email protected] or call him at 734-272-6294.