Saline Firefighters Knock Down Garage Blaze Before It Can Spread

Local News Needs Your Support

Donation Options

 02/10/2017 - 03:45

Saline firefighters contained a garage fire before it could spread to a home on Aspen Road in the Travis Pointe subdivision Thursday afternoon.

A passerby alerted the department to the blaze by calling 911.

Saline Fire Chief Craig Hoeft said items in a garage caught fire. Firefighters put out the fire before it got into the walls and roof. There were no injuries.

The garage was detached, although the roof was connected to the home’s roof said.

Hoeft said it took about 15 minutes to get the fire under control.

A resident was at home at the time of the fire.


Tran Longmoore's picture
Tran Longmoore
Tran Longmoore is a veteran community journalist. He is founder and owner of He is co-publisher of The Saline Post weekly newspaper. Email him at [email protected] or call him at 734-272-6294.

Follow the author on         or visit   Personal Blog