Saline firefighters helped a bed-ridden woman escape from a house fire on Riverview Drive in Saline Township Friday afternoon.
Firefighters were dispatched to the River Ridge community shortly after 3 p.m.
“When we arrived there was smoke rolling out of the building from what we now know was a dryer fire. In a small building, the smoke gets thick. It was a black smoke so you couldn’t see much,” Saline Fire Chief Craig Hoeft said.
Firefighters Sean Payeur and Kurt Schneider, Chief Hoeft and a neighbor located the bed-ridden resident and took her to safety.
“The boys did a hell of a job,” Chief Hoeft said. “We made sure we did the rescue first and then put the fire out.”
Hoeft said it appeared the woman escaped the fire without suffering serious harm, but she was transported by Huron Valley Ambulance to the hospital.
Firefighters also helped two dogs and a cat escape the home.