The Foundation for Saline Area Schools will induct the third Hall of Fame class the weekend of September 16-17.
This year, the Foundation will be honoring the following seven individuals:
- Mrs. Audrey Barkel Saline Area Schools elementary teacher for 25 years
- Mrs. Lynne Coughlin Saline Area Schools elementary & special education teacher for 19 years
- Mr. Russ Ernest Saline Area Schools elementary teacher & coach for 37 years
- Mr. Howard Hill former Assistant Superintendent of Saline Area Schools
- Mr. James L. Hoeft Saline HS Class of ‘54, active with Cares Board and WeberBlaess
- Mrs. Elizabeth Moore Saline HS math teacher for 30 years
- Mr. Bradley Phillips Saline HS Class of ‘03 Fiddler, composer, producer
Mike Smith, the long-time educator and track and cross country coach, was also named to this class but will be inducted in 2017.
The class of 2016 will be introduced at halftime of the varsity football game on Friday, Sept. 16 and formally inducted into the Hall of Fame at a banquet on Saturday, Sept. 17.
The Foundation for Saline Area Schools Hall of Fame was created to permanently honor individuals who have demonstrated outstanding individual ability, leadership, character, personal drive and dedication in their service to Saline Area Schools and, by extension, the community of Saline. With a sponsoring partnership from Old National Bank, the Hall of Fame is permanently displayed near the auditorium in Saline High School visible to students, teachers and guests more than 350 days per year.