The Saline Area Schools Board of Education meets Tuesday at Liberty School.
The Board will:
- Hear a presentation from Athletic Director Kirk Evenson on Player of the Year honors and an update on sports.
- Consider a motion to approve a downhill skiing program. Saline and Chelsea would share a team.
- Consider a motion to appoint Krista Clarke as the school district’s representative on the Saline District Library Board.
- Consider a motion to approve Cares funding for Fifth Corner ($4,000), PEAC summer program ($5,674), SAYB&S field improvement ($7,500).
- Consider a motion to purchase 200 HP desktops and monitors from InaComp TSG for $126,676 and 45 Apple Macbook laptops for $39,555.
- Consider a motion to buy a Dekk SAN enclosure from Red Level for $11,890.
- Consider a motion to renew its food services management contract with Chartwells for 2017-18.
In the human resources report, Charles Couasnon is retiring as art teacher at Harvest Elementary School. Becky Wageman has been hired as a food assistant at Pleasant Ridge.
Students are forming a photography club at Saline High School. Teacher Adam Rodriguez will be the advisor. Students Madison Caldwell and Becky Cantrell are proposing a club called “Generation Clobal,” which focuses on the importance of awareness in society and around the world. Teacher Jeff Kazee will be the advisor.
Superintendent Scot Graden has invited 16 realtors to the district’s “Realtor Focus Group” meeting from noon to 1:15 p.m., May 31 at the SHS Hive. The district wants feedback about the questions families are asking as they consider a home in the school district. The district is also seeking insight into potential marketing materials, communication options and recruitment strategies.