After interviewing seven candidates, (from a pool of over 40 applicants) a team of teachers, psychologists, social workers and administrators from Saline Area Schools has selected three finalists in their search for the new Director of Student Services. The committee has selected Michelle Allison (Manchester Community Schools), Molly Garcia (Romulus Community Schools), and Brent Watkins (Eaton Rapids Public Schools) as the finalists.
The purpose of the position is to implement, administer and maintain the school district's pupil service programs and services in the areas of special education, psychology, and social work in conformance with district policies and state objectives to promote a school environment conducive to individualized instruction, cooperative curriculum development, and student learning.
The district will be conducting simultaneous candidate forums beginning at 6 p.m., Wednesday, August 10 at Saline High School. The forums will each be 25 minutes in length and will allow the public, (students and parents) teachers, and administrators an opportunity to observe each candidate in an interview setting. The candidates will be asked predetermined questions and at the conclusion of the evening those in attendance will be given the opportunity to provide written feedback regarding each candidate. The schedule for the forum is as follows:
- 6:00 PM - Opening remarks
- 6:05 - 6:30 PM - Session 1
- Michelle Allison - Public (Cafeteria)
- Molly Garcia - Faculty (Media Center)
- Brent Watkins - Admin (Hive)
- 6:35 - 7:00 PM - Session 2
- Molly Garcia - Public (Cafeteria)
- Brent Watkins - Faculty (Media Center)
- Michelle Allison - Admin (Hive)
- 7:05 - 7:30 PM - Session 3
- Brent Watkins - Public (Cafeteria)
- Michelle Allison - Faculty (Media Center)
- Molly Garcia - Admin (Hive)