Saline District Library: Part-Time Library Assistant (2 openings)
TITLE: Library Assistant
WAGE: Starting at $16.88
STATUS: Part-time (Approximately 14 hours per week, includes evenings and weekends)
REPORTS TO: Support Services Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist library users at front desk by checking out materials and providing account customer service
- Answer questions in person and on the phone
- Assist in other library operations.
- High school graduate
- Ability and desire to serve the public positively, pleasantly, and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- High energy and the desire to be a cooperative team member
- Demonstrated ability to do detailed work accurately while performing several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with staff and public with tact, courtesy, and good judgement
- Ability to type, use computers, and operate office equipment
- Flexibility in scheduling work hours and adding hours when needed
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time; some lifting, bending and stooping
- Some college experience
- Public library work experience
TO APPLY: Submit in a single document: completed Saline District Library employment application (available at salinelibrary.org/about/employment), letter of application, and resume to:
Arlene Wall, Support Services Manager at email@example.com
Please contact Arlene via email or phone at 734-401-1268 with any questions.
Applications received by Monday, May 22, 2023 will receive first consideration.