Saline District Library: Part-Time Building Monitor Position
TITLE: Building Monitor
STATUS: Part-time (10-15 hours/week, Monday-Friday afternoons between 2:30 & 6:00 pm during the school year)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
This person will walk the building and grounds to assure a safe and secure environment for all patrons, to maintain an orderly atmosphere conducive to library study and enjoyment, and to discourage inappropriate behaviors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually monitors the building, grounds, and parking lots to ensure areas are secure
- Enforces Policy 502: Patron Behavior and maintains crowd control
- Interacts regularly with patrons to offer assistance and information
- Reports damage and vandalism to building, equipment, or grounds
- Documents findings and interactions with patrons
- Handles emergency situations as the need arises
- May be asked to assist in other duties as appropriate
- High school diploma, or its equivalent
- Ability and desire to work with the public, especially school-age patrons, pleasantly and effectively
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and exercise good judgment
- Physically able to walk the building, grounds, and parking lots for several hours at a time
TO APPLY: Submit in a single document: completed Saline District Library employment application (available at salinelibrary.org/about/employment), letter of application, and resume to:
Jessica Lash, Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jess via email or phone at 734-429-5450 with any questions.
Applications received by Monday, August 14, 2023 will receive first consideration.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, August 18, 2023.