It’s Easter weekend in Saline.
Friday, Christians gathered in downtown Saline for a crosswalk to commemorate Good Friday.
On Saturday, families will partake in lighthearted fun at several locations. Here’s a quick primer on Saturday’s activities.
The Saline Area Chamber of Commerce presents Eggstravaganza, a free egg hunt for local families. All the bunny trails begin at Busch’s, 565 E. Michigan Ave., and end at Mickey’s Dairy Twist, 751 W. Michigan Ave. The event begins at 11 a.m. and finishes at 3 p.m.
But families can choose which trails they want to follow. They invited to pick up eggs, filled with treats, at each participating business. While there, have the business stamp your trail sheet and turn it into Mickey’s for a chance to win one of four baskets filled with gifts donated by local businesses. The drawing is April 17.
- Bunny Trail 1 is at the Busch’s shopping center, where Busch’s, Goodwill, Capitol Cleaners, Pets’N’Things, Mark’s Coney Island, The UPS Store, Kumon Learning, Hungry Howies, KFC/Taco Bell and Voila Salon and Spa will participate
- Bunny Trail 2 is in Downtown Saline, where Pineapple House, Dan’s, Mac’s, Carrigan Café, Cobblestone Rose, Salt Springs Brewery, Brecon Grille and the News Arts & Antiques are participating.
- Bunny Trail 3 sends hoppers east. They’ll visit Quilting Season, Salon Luminosity, Brewed Awakenings, Junga Ace Hardware, Jensen’s Pharmacy, Great Lakes Educational, Mod Squad, Jet’s Pizza and Renew Salone and Spa.
- Bunny Trail 4 includes the Saline Library and west side businesses, including American Aqua, Radio Shack, Mobile Gas, Six Trails Apartments, Baker’s Nook, Express Tire, and LaFontaine.
- Bunny Trail 5 is a new addition to the event, with participation from the businesses in the Commons at Sauk shopping plaza. Participating businesses include Real Estate One, Wags to Whiskers, Snap Fitness, AAA Insurance, Emagine Theater, Mancino’s Pizza & Grinders, GNC, Rentschler Farm, TCF Bank and Ruby Tuesday,
The Saline Rec Center invites families to celebrate the season at Springfest.
- Egg Scavenger Hunt at 11:30 am: Bring a basket or bag to collect eggs scattered throughout the woods behind the Rec Center. The children will be divided into the following age groups: 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-10. A few lucky eggs will have a prize sticker. All participants will receive a goody bag. This event will take place outside rain, shine or snow. Event starts promptly at 11:30 am so don’t be late! Day-of tickets are $10, if they aren’t sold out.
- Lunch with the Bunny at 12 pm: Mr. Bunny himself will be making the rounds as you enjoy a pizza lunch. Bring your camera to take pictures with the Bunny. Location: Gym. Day-of tickets are $10, if they aren’t sold out.
- Hippity Hop Trail 12-1 pm: Pick up treats and visit with local businesses along the Hippity Hop Trail inside the Rec Center. Those who sign up for the Egg Hunt, Lunch with the Bunny or Egg Dive will receive free admission for the Trail. Otherwise its $2.
- Egg Dive at 1 pm: Floating eggs will be scattered throughout the leisure pool for kids to collect. A few lucky eggs will have prize stickers inside. The children will be divided into the following age groups: 6-8 and 9-12. All participants will receive a goody bag. Participants are welcome to stay and swim after the event. Day-of tickets are $10, if they aren’t sold out.
Pittsfield Township Parks & Recreation and the Ann Arbor Jaycees present the Spring Eggstravaganza at Lillie Park, located at 4365 Platt Road. It runs from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The event is free and it features an egg hunt, small petting zoo, balloon twisters, face painting, games and crafts.
Scrambles start at 11:30 a.m., noon and 12:30 p.m.
Parking is first come, first serve at Lillie Park. Additional parking is available at the township hall (6201 W. Michigan Ave.) where shuttles will take people to the park. Guests are advised against parking on Platt Road, at the dog park, or at any other businesses or private property on Platt Road.