A weekend of summer fun in Saline includes kids activities at Henne Field, Mill Pond Park, and Downtown Saline on Saturday, Aug. 10.
At Henne Field, activities are planned from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Inflatables and other games from Saline Parks and Rec.
- Planting with kids by the Saline Environmental Commission. Kids of all ages will also learn about recycling and the environment. Learn more here.
- Pickleball demo by Wolverine Pickleball.
- 3-on-3 soccer tournament organized by Saline FC, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. $125 per team. More info here.
- Dinosaur petting zoo, from the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History.
- Activities and raffle from Eastern Michigan University Athletics.
- Crafts by Jellybean Preschool.
- Karate demos by PKSA-Saline.
- Sign up for the ChadTough 5K.
- US Army interactive trailer (on Hall Street).
- Foundation for Saline Area Schools information.
- Activities from Happy Camper Camps.
- Activities from First United Methodist Church.
Saline Community Education and Saline Parks and Recreation provide general oversight of activities at Henne Field.
Henne Field is accessible from the path beside Union School or from Bennett Street.
Mill Pond Park will be home to the annual youth fishing contest, sponsored by the Latter-Day Saints. Sign-up begins at 7:30 a.m. and the fishing goes from 8 to 10 a.m. Entrants much fish during the duration of the contest to be eligible for a prize. Worms will be furnished by Latter-Day Saints. Entrants must bring their own fishing pools and hooks. Call 317-850-9413.
The annual tricycle races, hosted by Program to Educate All Cyclists, takes place on North Ann Arbor Street starting at 4:30 p.m. Children can race against other children, or family members can challenge each other.