5th Annual Kite Festival
GrieveWell will host Ann Arbor’s only kite festival. In-person events will take place at Lillie Park from 1-4 PM. Virtual elements will precede the event and we invite you to join our livestream during the event on social media channels.
Register for the in-person event to help us plan a safe and enjoyable event.
We are pleased to continue our tradition of creating an uplifting event by inviting participants to build and fly kites, enter the Kite Decorating Contest, and participate in the Fly and Remember memorial service preceding the event.
We hope you will join us this year as we celebrate the joy of the outdoors and the whimsy of kites – whether you can attend in-person or online. If you decide to join us at the last minute, you will be able to register on site as well.
This year’s Kite Festival features:
- Professional kite shows from amateur and professional kite teams
- A Kite Decorating Contest available to anyone in United States – submit your art by Monday, June 28, 2021.
- Building and flying kites with family and friends (purchase an easy-to-fly Frustrationless Flyer kite- $5 or find a great pattern online)
- The chance to vote for our Kite Decorating Contest winners
- The opportunity to share your pictures, videos and kite flying online
- Family fun crafts and activities at home or at the park on June 26
- Learn more about GrieveWell’s mission and vision
4365 Platt Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48108