Update: Saline Police Take Custody of Suicidal Gunman

Image

Update: Saline Police took custody of the suspect prior to 8 p.m., according to a source in the SPD. Sgt. Stephen Maag said the situation was resolved peacefully but declined to provide more details late Friday evening.

A SWAT team from Washtenaw County had been called out to assist at the scene.

More information may be available this weekend.

The following was posted earlier this evening.

Saline Police have blocked traffic on North Harris Street and are warning residents in the vicinity of Sheffield Drive as they try to negotiate with a suicidal man who they believe is armed.

Police Chief Larry Hrinik was working at a detour at Harris and Clark streets.

"We received a call about a suicidal man with a couple of guns in the apartment. We've have a perimeter around the area and we are negotiating with him to come out," Hrinik said.

(posted from iPhone)

More News from Saline
I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified
Spam
Offensive