Residents may dispose of fallen leaves through the following programs:
Loose Leaf Collection: The ‘City of Saline’s Loose Leaf Collection’ offers residents the ease of raking fallen leaves into piles onto their extensions without bagging. Loose leaf piles are collected by the Department of Public Works (DPW), which will use equipment to load leaves into trucks and deliver to nearby fields for composting.
Collection will be Oct. 31, 2013 – Dec. 3, 2013 (weather permitting)
- Mondays/Tuesdays: Residential collection north of Michigan Ave.
- Thursdays/Fridays: Residential collection south of Michigan Ave.
- Rake leaves onto extension (area between the sidewalk and curb).
- Leaf piles must be out before 7:30 a.m. prior to your scheduled collection days.
- Move vehicle from street on collection days if leaves are out.
- Do not rake leaves over catch basin grates.
- Do not put tree brush, limbs, bushes, plants, flowers, etc. into leaf piles. Leaves will not be collected if any of these items are included in leaf pile.
- Do not park over leaf piles.
- Do not bag leaves (if out for loose leaf collection).
- Yard Waste Collection: Residents can also place leaves in reusable containers or paper yard waste bags and place out for weekly curbside yard waste collection.
- Weekly yard waste collection will continue through Saturday, November 30 and will resume April 2014.
- Leaves must be placed in reusable containers identified with yard waste stickers or in brown paper yard waste bags (available at local hardware stores).
- Yard waste stickers on reusable containers must face the street in order to be visible for collector to see.
- Bags/containers must be placed 5’ from trash and recyclables.
- Bags/containers must be out on the curb before 7:00 AM on collection day.
- Yard Waste does not include sod, pet waste, branches over 4-inches in diameter, tree stumps, logs, wood, dirt, rocks, and/or trash.
For more information contact the Department of Public Works between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at (734) 429-5624, or visit www.cityofsaline,org.