2018 marks the 50th year since your graduation from Saline High School. I am Steve Sheldon, a 1971 graduate of Saline High School. I write stories for The Saline Post, an online newspaper featuring all things Saline. The Post is interested in doing a story on the Class of ’68.
As you probably recall, while you were attending classes at SHS, there was a radio program called, “Paul Harvey’s ‘The Rest of the Story’. This story will be similar in nature to Harvey’s Rest of the Story, in that, each member of the Class of ’68 has a story to share, with people wondering what the rest of your story is. To help capture your story, I have composed a list of questions that I want each of you to respond to.
Please return your answers by Monday April 16, 2018. Please feel free to include pictures from your time in high school, as well as current photos.
You can email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can mail them to:
3505 Oak Park Dr.
Saline, Mi. 48176
- Has your life turned out the way you thought it would?
- What was the most meaningful educational experience you had while attending SHS? What “stuck” in terms of meaningful learning with your academic studies? Do you believe that SHS prepared you to live a meaningful life in the community?
- What career(s) did you have during your working life?
- Where have you lived?
- What are the “highlights” of your life? What are you the proudest of?
- What advice do you have for the SHS graduating Class of 2018 for their lives after Saline Area Schools?
- Anything else you would like to share about your life?
The story will be published at the time of your banquet. Thank you in advance for your help in bringing this story to life.