- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Saline Area Schools - website
Saline Area Schools District Data Technician
Working collaboratively with central office administration and district technology staff, to provide a wide variety of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support, compiling information for local and state reports. Provide assistance and information to school district employees, students, parents and others as required, and to assist in ensuring compliance of District activities with legal, administrative and District policy requirements.
- Maintain data integrity in PowerSchool
- PowerSchool and PowerTeacherPro gradebook support
- Perform End of Year Process
- Start of year operations for each building
- Prepare exports for 3rd party systems as requested
- School Messenger support
- Maintain Standards for elementary buildings
- Create and maintain elementary report cards
- Import new student photos to PowerSchool each year for all buildings
- Authorize users and their access rights in PowerSchool
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
Limited travel to and from buildings may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to describe problems and work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed for position.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, the Internet, Outlook, electronic mail).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Organizational and time management skills.Knowledge of office management procedures.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations, District policies and procedures, principles, guidelines, and best practices related to department (e.g., Pupil Services, Human Resources, Facilities and Business).
20/10/2017 (9 hours)